The Importance of Calcium to Support Women’s Health

The Importance of Calcium to Support Women's Health

The Importance of Calcium to Support Women’s Health

The Importance of Calcium to Support Women's Health
this Image is Getting From Pixabay

Calcium is an essential nutrient that is very important for health. The benefits of calcium are known to maintain the strength of healthy bones and teeth. That’s right, because 99% of calcium is in the bones and teeth, while the remaining 1% circulates in the blood and is very important for health.
But you need to know; it turns out that women need more calcium intake than men. The daily calcium requirement for women based on RDA (Nutrition Adequacy Rate) is 1,000 mg per day. Therefore calcium is needed by women, the benefits of calcium are more than to help maintain healthy bones, but also to support women’s health. What are they? Yuk, you know more about the benefits of calcium below.

Prevent osteoporosis

Lack of calcium intake can cause osteoporosis. You need to know that women are more at risk of osteoporosis than men. Unlike men, women have 30 percent less bone mass, making women vulnerable to osteoporosis. Therefore the amount of calcium needed by women is much higher, 1000 mg per day, whereas adult men generally only need 500-800 mg per day.

Maintain estrogen levels

Calcium intake can also affect the maintenance of balance in estrogen levels in a woman’s body, which is very important for the balance of reproductive hormones, for example, to regulate the menstrual cycle.
Besides, the hormone estrogen can also help to maintain bone mass. The production of the hormone estrogen which decreases before the age of menopause will reduce bone mass. Therefore, calcium intake is needed by women to maintain the balance of the hormone estrogen, which turned out to also be related to the prevention of the risk of osteoporosis.

Prevent premenstrual syndrome (PMS)

An endocrinologist who also created PMS Premedical supplements, Dr. Susan Thys-Jacobs, states that women must meet the intake of vitamin D and calcium as much as 1000 mg per day. If not, then the hormone that regulates calcium will react negatively with the hormones estrogen and progesterone, thus triggering PMS symptoms, such as menstrual pain. By fulfilling sufficient calcium intake per day, each woman can avoid PMS syndrome by up to 48%. Introducing Solid Foods to Your Little One
Your baby’s first food begins with breast milk. But breast milk alone is not enough to meet the nutritional needs of the child when he is in Very important during pregnancy and lactation
At this time the need for calcium intake was reaching its peak. Daily calcium requirements for pregnant women based on RDA (Nutrition Adequacy Rate) are as much as 1200 mg. When pregnant, the fetus in the womb needs calcium for healthy bone and muscle formation. Calcium is also essential for keeping the baby’s heart rate stable. And the nerves functioning correctly and to prevent complications during pregnancy.

Similarly, nursing mothers also still need more calcium intake. After giving birth, estrogen levels in your body will decrease dramatically, which also causes bone density to reduce by 3-5% in the 10th week to the 18th week after giving birth. Also, while breastfeeding, the mother also indirectly provides the calcium intake needed for the baby. So you also have to meet your calcium needs, which are not required only for you, but even babies.

 Slim body and maintain a healthy body weight

Make the body stay slim and continue a robust body weight study conducted by University Laval’s Faculty of Medicine, United States, proves that calcium can prevent weight gain. Calcium intake will help the body to increase the fat burning process, leaving little fat to be stored as energy in the body.
According to the study, the brain can detect a lack of calcium in the body, which in fact will trigger the body to send signals to the mind to look for reserves of calcium intake by consuming excess food. Therefore, with sufficient calcium per day, you can remove about 6 kilograms of weight in 15 weeks.

Fight Cancer Cells

Studies conducted by the American Cancer Society state that calcium is very useful in preventing the growth and development of cancer cells in the body. One of them is by avoiding inflammation of the large intestinal wall, which is the initial cause of cancer. Not only that, but calcium also can prevent the risk of ovarian cancer and breast cancer. Therefore, you should meet your calcium needs per day, by increasing sufficient calcium intake through healthy food sources, such as beans, broccoli, bananas, cheese and green vegetables that are high in calcium, namely vegetable kale, and spinach.
Keeping the Heart Always Healthy

You May Also Like

About the Author: rashal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *